Sunday, October 7, 2012

Vlad Dracul


Hello, subjects. I am the basis of many fictitious horror characters, best of which was Bram Stocker’s novel, Dracula. I was born into the Dracul dynasty in 1431. Born in Sighisoara, Transylvania, the dynasty I was born into had sworn to uphold Christianity, and to defend the empire from the Islamic Turks. However, my father sold me to the Turks as insurance that neither would attack. Learning that my father was later killed at the hands of my relatives, I swore my revenge, thus starting the blood shed of my empire. My goal was for my empire to consist of hardworking and honest, and they would not receive another chance. I led an absolute monarch, and although I didn’t expand my empire drastically, I defended against the Ottoman Empire on more than one occasion. I was partial to the wealthy and those who had power, but I was indiscriminate on my victims. I am still said to be one of the most horrific leaders of all time. I was killed in battle against the Ottomans near Bucharest in December 1476, however no one can prove this, thus some still believe that I am a vampire.

Citation:
http://www.donlinke.com/drakula/vlad.htm


1 comment:

  1. Why did Bram Stocker portray you, Vlad Dracula, as a blood sucking vampire?

    ReplyDelete